How to Apply
The Certified Student Affairs Educator Pilot Program is occurring in the fall of 2022. This one-time pilot program will serve as the soft launch of Student Affairs Educator Certification. Participation in the pilot program is offered at a significantly reduced application rate and will increase to regular rates after the completion of the Pilot.
- Pilot Program Application deadline: October 23, 2022 at 11:59 pm ET
- Notification of application status and exam registration opens: October 31, 2022
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria may submit an application, and if approved, will be able to schedule an exam for the certification(s) for which they applied.
Applicants for certification are required to complete and submit the online application within the Consortium’s certification management system operated by the Consortium’s partner, Prolydian.
Applicants will need to create a profile in the Prolydian system. All elements of the application and certification maintenance will be maintained in the Prolydian system. Applicants with a documented disability who request assistance in completing the application should contact the Consortium at email@example.com.
Application Documentation Required
Applicants will need to be prepared to submit the following supporting documentation at the time of their application:
- To verify qualifying education, applicants must submit official or unofficial transcripts from the degree-granting institutions. These must be submitted within the online application in PDF, JPEG, or PNG format.
- To verify qualifying employment experience, applicants must provide contact information for an individual who can provide confirmation of employment for each submitted employer. The Prolydian system will then send the listed individuals an email form to complete to verify the applicant’s employment. These must be completed for each employer before the application can be reviewed by the Consortium. It is highly recommended that a candidate notify each listed individual to watch for and complete the employment verification email.
- To verify their identity, candidates must complete the application in full using their name exactly as it appears on a current approved government-issued photo ID. Approved government-issued photo identification includes:
- Government-issued driver’s license
- Non-US Military issued identification card
- Any Physical Government-Issued Identification Card (must include photo)
Review of Application and Notice of Status
For the Pilot Program in Fall 2022, individuals will be notified of their application status by October 31, 2022.
After the completion of the Pilot Program, the Consortium will review completed applications and provide a notice of application status within 30 business days. If approved, you will receive a verification email with instructions on how to register for your exam. If not approved, you will receive notification of next steps. If you have not received a confirmation email within 30 business days following online application submission, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the status of the application.